Transcontinental: South to Southeast Asia
Ride overland on an epic journey from India through Myanmar (Burma) into Thailand and Laos and discover the connection that exists between South and Southeast Asia on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Where: from New Delhi to Yangon and Vientiane
When: December to January (36 days)
How much: $16,540 (Rider) Riding: Royal Enfield Bullet 500
How far: 5,000 km (3,100 miles) over 36 days
- Experience the hidden treasures of Myanmar
- Be one of the first few people to ride from India to Thailand
- Get on one of the first Cross-Border Royal Enfields tours
- Travel across Northeast India
- Get up close with rhinos at Kaziranga National Park
- Get a culture overdose at the Hornbill Festival/li>
- Be in awe of the 100 m golden Shwedagon Pagoda
- Ride world class twisty roads in Thailand
- Soak in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Luang Prabang
- Lick your lips are deliciously fresh Laotian food
- Jay as your expedition lead
- Royal Enfield Standard 500 Bullet motorcycle and fuel
- Mechanic in support vehicle
- Support vehicle for carrying luggage, fuel and spares
- Accommodation for 35 nights based on twin sharing (single supplement extra)
- Half board meals and drinks and snacks on the road
- Elephant Safari in Assam
- Airport pickup and dropoff
- Domestic flight between Delhi and Guwahati
- All fees for entrances
Click here for what's excluded.
Are you ready for a great adventure? We're talking about a transcontinental journey of 5,000 km in 36 days on the legendary Royal Enfield motorcycle. As the first motorcycle tour in Asia to cross Myanmar entirely from India to Laos, this experience will definitely be the trip of a lifetime.
Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, has recently awakened after its long sleep, imposed by the military regime. This country is now secure, stable and ready to welcome visitors to reveal its intact nature and cultural sites, which are as beautiful as mysterious. Only a few cheeky travelers have visited Myanmar, and even less traveled on a motorcycle... Moreover, only a few have crossed Myanmar in its entirety, from North to South. Be one of the first to realize this incredible adventure and go down in history!
The trip will begin in Northeast India, discovering its culture at the Hornbill Fesitval and scenery at Kaziranga National Park which are very atypical compared to the rest of the country. We will then cross Myanmar, from the Northwest to the Southeast. We will have the chance to gaze at beautiful sunrises in the middle of landscapes where temples are innumerable. We will encounter tribes that have never seen a foreign face before. We will ride along sublime lakes far, far away from civilization. And we will see the famous "Golden Rock", swaying on top of a cliff. This force of nature is now a sacred site for Buddhists.
After nearly two weeks in Myanmar, we will cross northern Thailand, which is very different from the south of the country and its beach atmosphere. Here, we'll have the opportunity to explore the dense forests by engaging in the heart of very narrow roads. An unusual but deeply rewarding experience of Thailand. After a week, we will arrive in another country: Laos! Formerly a French protectorate, the socialist republic is gradually opening its borders to travelers. Except for a small bunch of backpackers, very few people have explored this wonderful country. The horizons are staggering. Everywhere you'll see prominent hills and huge jungles, aesthetically cut by rivers. We'll drive through very remote areas in the southern and central parts of the country to complete this wonderful journey in Vientiane. Join us for the experience of a lifetime!
Please note: itinerary subject to change depending on weather conditions and other factors.
Click here for details on booking and the cancellation policy.